16th March 2017
Join our team for Africa Day 2017! We’re looking for volunteers for this year’s Dublin flagship event taking place in Farmleigh Estate, the Phoenix Park on Sunday, 21st May.
Volunteer roles for Africa Day typically include:
- Providing information to event visitors, including distribution of programmes and maps.
- Liaising with performers and groups participating in the event.
- Checking the cleanliness of the venue and providing assistance if cleaning is required.
- Providing assistance to event partners.
- Security and supervising equipment in children’s area.
- Volunteers must be available to attend a volunteer briefing / training event on Wednesday, 3rd May at 5.30pm (Venue TBC).
- Volunteers must be available to work a volunteer shift at Africa Day Dublin in Farmleigh Estate, the Phoenix Park during the hours of 8am and 8pm on Sunday, 21stMay 2017.
- If possible, participate in a number of short volunteer shifts in the weeks leading up to the event to assist in the distribution of Africa Day promotional materials around Dublin City.
Benefits of volunteering at Africa Day
Apart from taking part in a unique celebration of African life and culture, all volunteers will be provided with:
- An Africa Day t-shirt to wear on the day and to keep as a souvenir.
- Lunch and refreshments during your volunteer shift.
- Training and background information to ensure that you are fully briefed and prepared to work at the event
- A certificate of participation and appreciation at a special Irish Aid reception on Thursday, 25th May (location and time TBC).
If you are interested in volunteering for Africa Day Dublin 2017, please download and complete the application form here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 24th April 2017. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 01-4200580 / email@example.com if you have any questions!
We look forward to hearing from you!