25th May 2018
First and foremost, a very happy Africa Day to our colleagues, friends and family. Here at Africa Day 2018 HQ, we are in the final stages of preparations for Sunday’s flagship event and we can’t wait to welcome you to the celebrations!
To help you prepare for a fun-filled day out, we have put together some tips and things to remember:
- It’s going to be a hot day, so wear sun cream and reapply throughout the day. The higher the factor, the better for your skin!
- Bring water bottles: you can refill these at the event – stay hydrated in the warm weather!
- Wear comfortable footwear: we recommend trainers or walking shoes. Leave the high heels at home. The ‘best dressed’ competition will be judged from the ankles up!
- There will be lots of food for sale, but we encourage you to bring a picnic too. Please use tubs and reusable utensils so we can cut down on waste at Africa Day.
- Make a sustainable travel plan using public transport, the Dublin Bus free shuttle service from Parkgate Street, or bike or walk to the venue. We have 1,000 places available for bike parking.
- Finally, remember, Africa Day is a ticketed event: download your free ticket here!
See you on Sunday!